If you live in a condo community where many common items are arranged by your condo association then cleaning of the air ducts or dryer vents would most likely fall into this category.
If you condo association has large number units then there may be an opportunity for your association to save a significant amount of money by allowing the association to purchase the duct and dryer vent cleaning for all units. This will save the individual condo or town house owner a significant amount off the standard single unit rate.
THE Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends that you have your dryer vents cleaned at least once a year. Lint builds up in a dryer vent with use and you cannot count on the collector that is built into the dryer to prevent lint from building up in your dryer vent. A leading cause of dryer related fires is due to a build up of lint in the dryer vent.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that there are 15,000 dryer vent related fires every year in the United States. Another estimate indicates that these dryer vent fired cause $97 million in damages and lost property very year. It is very good preventive maintenance to have your dryer vent leaned. It will prevent a dryer vent fire and also help your dryer to work more effectively. Dryer vent cleaning is an essential part of home maintenance and fire safety prevention.
The lint screen in your dryer only catches about 75% of the lint produced by operating your dryer. The other 25% of the lint gets into your dryer vent pipe. This lint accumulates over time, which results in restricted airflow. The restricted airflow may cause lint to accumulate faster and the restricted airflow may cause overheating and this increases the risk of a dryer vent fire. The fine nature of dryer lint is extremely flammable and the high heat makes it have the potential to ignite. A clean dryer vent reduces or eliminates the risk of a dryer vent fire.
Why is, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Important? Because clogged dryer vents are the number one cause of house fires in the United States. This is why most insurance companies require townhouse and condominium owners to have a, dryer vent cleaning, and inspection done once a year. If that's not enough of a reason to do it, keep in mind you will also reduce the time it takes to dry your clothes, lowering your energy costs, saving you time and money! That's right, dryer vent cleaning, saves you money!
Dryer vents, over time, become clogged up with flammable lint. In addition birds love to nest in them if your vent exits your home near the roof. Plus builders don't plan ahead, and often run your vent 20 or 30 feet, with multiple 90-degree turns, further exacerbating the situation. In these extreme cases, dryer vent, rerouting is often the best solution.
Whether it's a required inspection and certification, a routine maintenance cleaning, or a re-route you need, we have been performing these services since 1980. So, regardless of the situation, Royal has the experienced, insured and bonded technicians to solve your problem.
Our electrostatic furnace filters clean particulates to 99.9%. We also have ultraviolet lights which remove all bacteria, turn air into oxygen, and create ozone.
Contact us to keep your home or office healthy and safe.
Ready To Order ? Click Here To Go To The Order Form